Friday, December 3, 2010

Gratitude/Departure





(detail)

(detail)
Speedball ink with brush and nib pen
Nov. 2010
Pilot rolling ball pen and watercolor
Nov. 2010

Well, every good thing does indeed end (and hopefully leads to more good things)...I left the Quimby Colony in Portland, ME yesterday after completing a three month residency. Twas very sad to put Maine behind me for now, but hopefully new adventures will prove to be equally spectacular. These are just a few drawings I did to thank some of the people who made my experience at Quimby really, really amazing/transformative. The 60s lion has become kind of redundant, but I thought I'd do a different version. Then there's a sassy looking, smoking, Victorian buffalo (you know, like you do), and also a Victorian giraffe. The non-animal is just a musing on Victorian fashion, for another gift. Enjoy!

1 comment: