Friday, August 3, 2012

Hamletmachine

"My mother the bride. Her breasts a bed of roses. Her womb a nest of snakes." -Hamlet in Hamletmachine by Heiner Muller

I love basically all of the play Hamletmachine, and it is absolutely worth checking out in performance or script form. Here are some musings using one of my favorite passages, an exploration in marrying text and image.

Here are some panels in rougher format:



Ballpoint pen and Sharpie on reused paper

Below, I've literally (with scissors and tape) cut and pasted the panels into two slightly different, rough layouts, with some semblance of a title. The text below each vertical panel reads: "My mother the bride / Her breast [accidentally left out the plural s] a bed of roses / her womb a nest of snakes"



Ballpoint pen, Sharpie, and packing tape on reused pape



No comments:

Post a Comment