Monday, August 6, 2012

More drawings from the archives of the PRTC

I found this stack of drawings in a box of things I had with me in Chelsea during my time at the Purple Rose (2011). They were accompanied by a piece of paper on which I wrote a favorite quote:

"An actor struggles to die onstage, but a puppet has to struggle to live, and in a way that's a metaphor for life."

-Adrian Kohler, co-founder of Handspring Puppet Company, during his TED talk with co-founder Basil Jones

A sentiment a theater artisan could live on, I think.

















The last three drawings were sketchbook images for our self-written Apprentice production in August 2011, Dark Night. We actually built a version of the shoes I drew in the last image for the show, and the lovely Katie Mack wore them in performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment