Friday, November 19, 2010

Musings on Fashionable Bison


Ballpoint pen in sketchbook
Oct. 2010

 

Pilot rolling ball pen in sketchbook
Nov. 2010

Ballpoint pen in sketchbook
Nov. 2010

It's a long story, but there are some people in my life who shall go unnamed who call me Baby Bison. It's not because of size or hairiness or anything...the nickname came about because I tend to knock things, including people, over so often I am akin to a newborn bison struggling through the world on unsteady legs... While this is a term of endearment I find very endearing, I thought, why not illustrate this bison idea? What would I wear as a bison, myself? Perhaps a nice Elizabethan ruff or corset? Some corsets from a couple hundred years later? Why not. The bison you find in these drawings has evolved from a self-portrait to a character at the very beginning of her story, and I think we'll hopefully hear some more from her in the future...

1 comment:

  1. Lillers,

    I absolutely love this idea and can't wait to see where this bison goes! The world is ripe with possibility...

    Love! (you and the blog)
    Sasi

    ReplyDelete